Thursday, January 12, 2017

A TURNING PAGE



                                        A TURNING PAGE

A new chapter of a new book.

The hardback cover hit the musty smelling pages with a slam; the good book, the amazing story of the time I lived Kentucky and its adventures, was over. 

It was a sweet one, it truly was. I grew up as a person and spiritually. I met so many people who welcomed me in as family and taught me that there is still goodness in the hearts of strangers, and the strangers turned into friends, who will be in my life for a very long time. I danced my heart out and sang too loud on the road trips and laughed endlessly.

But, with life, everything changes eventually. If there was no change, how could we ever grow and learn to make more room in our heart for more love, new things, and new people? 

But the turning page, the opening of a new book, fails to be simple. I'm not going to lie for one second and say it is. 

You know the feeling, when you get a new book and the binding on it is stiff, and you have to hold it forcefully open because it's new and rigid? 

That's what it's like: opening a new chapter of life. 

It's tough. 

Its hard to keep open and it doesn't fit quite right in your hands yet.  You're unfamiliar with the cover and the pages tend to stick together.  
All together, it just feels unnatural. 
Nevertheless, I think in the situations we're most uncomfortable in, it's pushing us out of our comfort box into the world that makes us try new things and open up to new people. We have new adventures and we learn to close our eyes and simply just jump into life! 

Suddenly, once you get past a couple chapters into the new book, it gets really interesting- and then you can't put it down because it's so good! You get so caught up in this amazing new world that you realize you love the book, your life, and then binding starts to feel loose and no longer feels heavy and awkward;
it feels right,
and that's how this new life is going to be. 

I want to get so love with my life, so in love with story that I'm living that God is writing, that I can live freely without stress and worry. I want to have open, blank pages that can be filled with love and laughter instead of trying to live in the old book and keep the new one shut. 
Not all endings are bad. They leave opportunities for new starts. While beginnings can be scary, you can choose to dive into them holding grace and look for the best, or you can be afraid and then realize beginnings aren't bad. I haven't reached the point where I'm in love with the new stories to be written, but I'm willing to push through the stiff binding and untouched pages for a radical ending.

Life is unpredictable, but you know an Author who writes stellar stories that always have spectacular endings.

I bet yours is going to be beautiful.

* * * * * * 

2017 is going to be an amazing year, loves! You are a world changer and a planet shaker, the earth is at your fingertips. :) 

P.S. I promise I'm not dead! I took a little break over the holidays because I moved to a new state and to let my brain and heart rest! Expect me back at it! 

How were your holidays!? I missed you guys! 


With love, 

-JacyRayn 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, yes. :) Thank you for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I...I really, really like this. A lot. It's hard to remember that of *course* a new situation is uncomfortable and unfamiliar and doesn't fit right, but that doesn't mean it's always going to be that way, or that it's wrong. Sometimes things are uncomfortable but they need to happen anyway. <3

    - Aimee (To the Barricade!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love this so much. Your writing is seriously so beautiful. Praying for you, love. Praying that that stiff spine starts loosening up and you fall head over heels in love with this story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES YES YES!!

    "Suddenly, once you get past a couple chapters into the new book, it gets really interesting- and then you can't put it down because it's so good! You get so caught up in this amazing new world that you realize you love the book, your life, and then binding starts to feel loose and no longer feels heavy and awkward;
    it feels right,
    and that's how this new life is going to be."

    I adore this description! I know the feeling!

    All the best
    Steph

    www.socialspying.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Keep them sweet. ;)