Wednesday, September 27, 2017

scars



certain favors

specific words

voices

remind me of the list I keep

of those who have done me wrong

these things make me remember the pain

run my fingers along the scars

think of the times before they let me down

my flesh angers at the thought of the wound

i feel it well up inside

then Your hand grabbed mine

You looked me in the eye

And said "child, look at mine"

the scars on your hands

worse than my own

held every wrong

all of the shame

they reminded me of the marks

that I have put on other people

while I selfishly look at my own

you took all the blame

you remembered no more

the pain

the scars to show

life is not bruises cuts and past wrongs

it's forgiving and learning to grow

---------------------------------------------------------------

just some messy thoughts for you


-jr xx



11 comments:

  1. My beautiful girl😍😍😘 love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! I love that line about the people who have done you wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FRICK, JACY!!! messy?!?!?! ok hun lolololol

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as we know how to forgive. Scars will be no longer be painful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well written poem dear. I like the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all have our scars. It came from our experiences which actually teach us a lot of lessons. Scars is part of our being.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful poem! It gives us hope to carry on our lives no matter what the circumstances is.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Keep them sweet. ;)