Monday, June 13, 2016

they will know you by your love 

Where to start?
There's no good place.


      My heart goes out to the people in Orlando today. I stayed up after the Tony awards last night and watched the news and my heart broke in two. After covering the story of the mass shooting there was an additional 3 more shootings right down the road from my home town and people jumping off bridges and drowning. Where is the humanity? Have we gotten so cold that it's okay to take lives without even considering the other person?

      I asked my mom very quietly, "Why do these people do these things? I hate seeing this."
She had no words. And quite frankly, I don't think any of us have any that are sufficient enough to put a reason to the lack of love.
 

  Whether you support LGBTQ or not, I don't think this is relevant. We have to look past this. We are supposed to love everyone. Jesus didn't pick and choose who He loved, he said come as you are and will love you and forgive you! If they choose to stay in sin, that's their choice and you can't change it, but they are human and flesh just like us. They have families just like us. They have feelings just like us. So instead of just being sad about it, let's take action.

       Let's take our love for Christ and love for people outside of the church and the four walls we live in. If you only love those who love you what good are you doing? Instead of the stuck up religion most people see let's show them LOVE. Let's show them COMPASSION. Let's show them above all, HOPE. If we show them how much we love them and that we aren't self-centered around ourselves and just other Christians, maybe they'll think, "Hey, they have something different, something special. They actually care. I want to know why."

It shouldn't take the largest mass shooting into the history of the U.S. to make people want to pray for the nation and it's people. We should be praying for all the unsaved people in the world everyday. 

       So when you're praying for the families of the victims and for the injured, pray that their would be people around them that would show them true, genuine love. The kind that's raw and reckless and loves without fault and forgives.
We are all human and God says that all sin is equal. We are none more special than another. All made from dust in the ground and to dust we will all return. I hope this inspires you to pray differently and diligently for Orlando, and even more so our country and the world.

We won't stop until the whole world hears.

So let's shout His name from the rooftops together Loud and Clear.

Mucho amor,

+JR+ 

11 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you, JacyRayn. Love is what's missing in Christianity today. There's a difference in love, and then support. Yes, it's wrong to support and be for sin, but it's our job to love sinners anyways. I don't understand the evil in peoples hearts to just go shoot people. Loved this post and you, love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post so much. Your writing is honestly SO beautiful.

    Also I kind of feel like I shouldn't be getting so excited in the comments section of such a serious post but YAY YOU'RE ON BLOGGER NOW I'M SO HAPPY AGH! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWH MY GOODNESS! Thank you! Dude it's totally chill, I get excited way too much, join the club. I'M JUST HAPPY TO BE HERE @ BLOGGER TBH.

      Delete
  3. What a brilliant post.
    Love the design. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A good friend of mine (www.growinginhisimage.blogspot.com) helped me with that!

      Delete
  4. It shouldn't take the largest mass shooting into the history of the U.S. to make people want to pray for the nation and it's people. We should be praying for all the unsaved people in the world everyday.

    YES YES YES!!!

    I love your take on Orlando and the tragic consequences of sin.

    "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33 to the best of my memory)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and LOVELY BLOG!!! I can already tell that we will be kindred spirits, soul sisters in Christ! Following!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! xx it really hit my heart. I love that verse! I can't wait to make so many good blog friends!

      Delete
  5. WHOAHOWHOAHOHAOHWOAHOAHOAAAAAA. DUDE. *hugs you a lot and gives you waffles* *also how is tHIS THE FIRST TIME I'VE COMMENTED ON YOUR BLOG?? OMG I AM AWFUL* *also hi* *again* ;)

    THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND RAW AND WHOLE AND HONEST AND PURE AND STUNNING AND FABULOUS. (LIKE YOU.) I so incredibly completely agree with you, JacyRyan. Especially: "Instead of the stuck up religion most people see let's show them LOVE." <<< like, WHOA. YES. Because when we are expressing Love, we are expressing our Father, because he is love. wow i just cannot even respond with anything coherent because YOUR WORDS = MINE GONE. <3 wow

    lotsalove,
    abbiee

    p.s. I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE ON BLOGGER NOW!!!! *flails happy flails*

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO NO NO IT's TOTALLY FINE. IT'S COOL. (i LOVE HUGS AND WAFFLES *cri*) Thank you thank thank you for such a sweet comment. :) Just tryna make these people see Jesus, right? :)))))) (a million smiley faces always) I'm so glad to start connecting with people who get me and really understand.

    much love,
    JacyRayn

    P.s. I'm still figuring Blogger out but I LOVE it SO MUCHHHHHHH. k dats all

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Keep them sweet. ;)