Wednesday, June 22, 2016

THE MUSIC TAG

The Music Tag!
 
Hello! Yesterday I was so graciously tagged on Aaliyah's blog (show her some love!) to participate in a Music Tag! If you weren't already in the know, yesterday was National Music Day (aka my second birthday).
Now that you're aware, on to the rules!

RULES:
1. Thank the person who tagged you and include and link to their blog. (because kindness, bro)
2. Answer the questions asked below.
3. Tag 5+ bloggers and let them know. (social media, text, email, comment, whateves)
4. Add your own question to the end of the tag for your nominees to answer and answer it yourself. (optional, but fun)
5. Include these rules in your post.


QUESTIONS:
 
1. Do you play any instruments?
2. What is your favorite music genre?
3. Is there a music genre you absolutely cannot stand?! (this can be a multiple answer)
4. What is your favorite way to listen to music? (CD, vinyl, mp3, radio, etc.)
5. Top three favorite bands/singers?
6. What are your three favorite chords? (I guess this can really truly only be applied to people who play an instrument...whoops)

MY ANSWERS:
 
1.) Do you play any instruments?

Yes I do! I play guitar, ukulele, and I'm in the process of learning piano! I've played guitar for a little over a year and I lead worship at my youth group.

2.) What is your favorite music genre?

My favorite genre in music is a close race between Alt/Indie rock and Christian rap (totally different genres that are not in the slightest bit related, I know.) I was introduced to Christian rap when I was about 10 and I've loved it ever since. So much that when I was twelve I wrote a ton of raps. No lie. This girl didn't play! But as I got older my music taste shifted a bit to rock. I like to stilll keep a good balance though!

3.) Is there a music genre you absolutely can't stand?

 I think everyone has that one genre that just drives them insane and they can't stand, mine happens to be country and the terrible thing that is country rap. For real, people. You're hurting my soul. 
 
4.) What is your favorite way to listen to music?

CDs all the way. I love to make CDs for friends and I love receiving them! Music is my soul and I can share a piece of it when I give someone a mixtape of all my favorites!
 
5.) Top three favorite singers/artists?
 
I love so many that I'm going to give you four answers instead of three! Right now it would go: NEEDTOBREATHE, Colony House, Tow'rs, and Marty (of Social Club).
 
6.) What are your three favorite chords?
 
Hmm. This is a hard one! Probably C, D7, and Am. (I despise sharps and flats).

7.) What is your favorite song because of what it means to you? (Aaliyah's question)
 
This one was also hard for me! I have a lot of songs that mean so much. But if I had to choose just one, it would be Keep On Keeping on By Colony House because no matter what you're going through, it's a great reminder that you have purpose and to keep on keeping on. :)
 
My Question:
If you could meet one of your favorite bands/artists who would it be and why?
 
I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! Thank you again Aaliyah for tagging me!

My Nominees:
Ava
Autumn
Hopefully I'll add more to this list! Aaliyah took all my nominees.(THANKS)


 

3 comments:

  1. OH WOW I AM SO SORRY TO HAVE NOMINATED LIKE THE MAJORITY OF MY CLOSEST BLOG FRIENDS. *laughing emojis* gosh, jacy.

    THANK YOU FOR DOING MY TAG :''') I REALLY LOVED YOUR ANSWERS :''')

    dude I forgot to add county rap country rap probably originated from satan, I'm sure.

    still can't forgive you for haTING MY DARLING F#M! THE HAND POSITION SENDS ME INTO A COMA! I guess I'll love you anyways. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAI! Your blog is gorgeous, oh my goodness! Following :) And AAAAHHH! WE PLAY ALL THE SAME INSTRUMENTS! Although I've played piano for years and am just now learning ukulele. ;) AND AAAAHHHHHHHHH AGAIN - I AM ALSO INFJ. and #love jesus so we're basically twins I guess? ;)

    Caroline @ carolinemeek.blogspot.com! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Keep them sweet. ;)