Sunday, January 31, 2016

-vision-

If you aren't in the know, I've had glasses since I was in the second grade. I was rather thrilled, really, to get them and to think that they would make my sight better! After struggling to see simple math problems on the board, you could imagine how thrilled I was! I wouldn't have problems solving problems anymore, sha-bam!

But listening to my mom harp on about how I wear them to much made me ponder the question, "am I really making my situation worse?" I've shrugged off these repetitive words no until now.

I walked out of my bathroom silently into my warm, dimly lit room. Having no glasses on, my white lights surrounding my vanity looked fuzzy and sweet, like a purposely unfocused picture. I drew my face closer to the mirror to inspect.

Who am I? Who am I to God? Am I proud of who I am? Am I getting the big picture?

"Am I getting the big picture?"

The phrase echoed through my mind. 

Then like a tidal wave, the realization crashed over me.  

"Am I too worried about the big pictures that I'm forgetting the small, crucial details?" 

That my friends was like a bucket of cold water to the face. 

I'm in such a hurry to make sure my life looks together and in place, that I forgot to check and see if all was okay up close, behind the scenes. 

It's like vision you see, far away without glass it looks inviting and warm, but close up, you see the mistakes. The tears, the holes, the ugly mess-ups everyone glances over. 

I would rather have a much ugly appearance far away and a beautiful soul within, than just another pretty face with a cold heart inside.

So, needless to say I'll be wearing my glasses less. I'll be looking for the clear, real, up close details and how they can be improved. 

I have so much love for you, readers. 

-JacyRayn (the kinda of blind blogger) 

9 comments:

  1. aside from the fact of how true, incredible, eye-opening, and overall awesome this post was,





    i really love your glasses just sayin
    short story: when you walked in at the Christmas party I was like, "there's something different...?" and then it finally hit me like half way through the party when you're like, "Imma put my glasses on now" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol yes! I really enjoyed writing this post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that selfie on your ig link tho.

    *wondering when I can be jacy*

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'scuse me ma'am but I was wonderin' when I could be YOU

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have visited your blog probably over twenty (no lie) times today cause like i miss you

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey I'm supposed to like notify you that I nominated you for an award on my blog so yeah just following rules

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Keep them sweet. ;)