Saturday, March 27, 2021

thoughts

 it's so strange that in such a 

short time 

our minds begin to change and suddenly we're looking back over our shoulders 

trying to find our lost time 

i feel trapped by my thoughts most days 

they glue me to a chair and tangle up my mind 

but no more i shouted 

no more


 please 


i whispered 

i did not think i had the power to make them go away 

the thoughts that ran ragged 

and it's true, i don't 

and i never will 


but everytime i fall, you take my hand 

you see the cuts and bruises 

you smile 

i see the tears in your eyes 

you are still so proud of me 

why aren't you mad that i fell again? 

how are you still so proud of me? 


you hug me 

i hear you say


peace, child


and then they're gone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Keep them sweet. ;)