Saturday, October 13, 2018

the thief

what a shame it is, i thought to myself

as i watched other people die out

the passion that they had, now gone

because comparison came and ate their flame

had they only seen what i saw in them, i said

they were almost there, they almost saw the end

until they saw the people who were already there

the people who already peaked

the people who had their dreams in their hands

but your dream was so close, you were right on the verge

you could not see it

but i could

still you let it die

along with your heart

your passion, dreams, and victory, you let them all part

how could you do this? i said again

are you just going to let the enemy win?

but while i was watching you, rise then fall from your dreams

i forgot about myself while comparing to you

and

i let go of my thoughts

i let go of my dreams

i unraveled at the seams

i 've forgotten how to be me

4 comments:

  1. *tries to put together the words for this piece of beauty* These words are everything! So bittersweet. I love them! Also so wonderful to see you pop back in <3 hello friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve wondered where you’ve been. Time to start telling the world about your amazing adventures my love��

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness.

    i love this (and you) more than i can say. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog. Great stuff. I am Following now!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Keep them sweet. ;)