Wednesday, August 17, 2016

things are closer than they appear



--------------------------------

I looked into the rear-view mirror of my brother's beat up cavalier.

"objects in mirror are closer than they appear"

That seemed all too real to me.

Let me rewind a bit.

My baby sister was outside with all my brothers just playing and laughing like normal on the sunny day.
They had just gotten out of the pool and were air drying by running around with my grandma's 8-year-old dog who is still, despite his growing age, rambunctious.

Only moments later in the picture-esq scene did things go awry.

In a flash he jumped up in anger and bit my helpless sister.
His teeth ripped a hole in the side of her face and claw marks on her once perfectly plump cheeks.

Before I write more, Aliyah is okay and just as sassy as ever.

My uncle and grandma ran outside in haste and rushed her to the ER.
Soon after giving her some medicine, they sent her on to a bigger hospital to have surgery.

Two-years of age and she has to have stitches all over the right side of her face and her forehead.

Why her?

After pacing the floor nearly all day, that evening I finally get the call that she made it through
surgery well and they expect a fully recovery. 

I felt like I could finally breathe again and I wasn't carrying as heavy a load on my back.
My heart ached to hold my little being close to my chest and not let go.
Just the night before she had kissed me on my forehead and told me she loved me for the first time. 

Yet still, I felt like a piece of my soul was not intact.

The one little thing that completely altered my whole day, my whole life, snapped something in me. It brought out emotions I didn't even know could be felt. I wasn't aware that someone so tiny could  have such a tremendous influence on my feelings. But after all this was over and she was home snuggling me to death, something still didn't sit right. I felt like I was still missing a piece of information, like I wasn't told the whole story.

And then, I had a relization that changed my whole mind set.

"my whole life is closer than appears"

Right there.

I had an anomaly that my whole world was only held up by one small finger and could be blown away in a single breathe.

In the bat of an eyelash my whole life could be eternally changed for the better or for the worse.

So what did I get from this?

That my life is much closer than it seems.

Too often I find myself waiting around for life to happen or pushing off spur of the moment ideas.

I want to jump in the freeing pool of unknown and know that I am alive and that I am breathing.

I want to feel the blazing sun against my cheeks to feel the light in my bones.

Life is short, I want to live it well.

I'm not gonna play it safe any more.

Mediocrity has come and I have decided to show it the door, for the King is coming and He's calling for the ones who will do something extraordinary.

Do you ever just get tired of being who you are? Don't you feel like you could do more?

Maybe that's too much for you.

But Jesus didn't say to take it slow and safe.

--------------------------------

That being said, new things are coming! Keep an eye out for a very important post on Saturday!

Much love for you people,

JacyRayn xx




6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, first off, I am so sorry about your sister!! That's terrible. I know someone who had a similar experience, and it was a horrific ordeal.

    This really hit me, Jacy. "Too often I find myself waiting around for life to happen or pushing off spur of the moment ideas. I want to jump in the freeing pool of unknown and know that I am alive and that I am breathing." <- YES. Lately I'm realizing that I let fear take hold of me constantly, and I don't really leave my comfort zone. But life is short- gotta live it.

    THIS IS KILLING ME WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING ON SATURDAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ever just get tired of being who you are? Don't you feel like you could do more? >>>>this

    Too often I find myself waiting around for life to happen or pushing off spur of the moment ideas. >>also this

    >>>also every thing

    THAT WAS A SCARY DAY. Even for me. I'm so glad that all is well :))))

    I LOVED THIS SO MUCH. I think about this a lot and it's actually my whole mission. I've been very uninspired lately and not living it out like I should, though.

    ugh I loved this

    aaliyah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS SUCH AN AMAZING POST OK

    I'm so sorry that happened to your sister! I'm glad she's okay! It's amazing how quickly life changes and how much perspective it gives us. Beautifully written <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is supremely beautiful! <3
    xoxo
    https://everythingisbetterwithpolkadots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWOWOWOOWWW OW WOW. OW. JACY. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. <3 your poor little sister!! omg. so glad she recovered. but wow, the whole thing about your life being closer than it appears... bro. this is deep. i need to meditate on this for the next 200 years brb

    <3 <3 <3
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Keep them sweet. ;)