Monday, August 1, 2016

REAL EYES



consumed.

no, it wasn't how i felt but how she felt.

i could see it in her eyes.

she didn't have to say anything but you don't have to if you know someone's eyes the way I knew hers

she could never speak another word and her eyes would tell me all

they no longer sparkled but were consumed by something of a wrong choice

not something she wanted but something she felt she needed

she thought that it didn't matter because she would only be consumed more


"hold on", i said
"i'm slipping", said her eyes


i didn't want her to fall but she fell

she fell long and hard but she fell into grace

and even thought she didn't see it when she fell, she felt the grace surround her and bubble up in her throat

forgiveness.
that's what she felt.

and the sparkle came back and she danced her dance again

although she never said anything, you could see it in her eyes that everything would be alright.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this so much, Jacy. It's beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. what are these little salty droplets forming in my eyes.
    Jacy, this is so beautiful and raw and healing and ooooh wow i needed this <3 this is so so beyond beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wahhhh to make people feel emotion makes me emotional(but happy do you feel?). Thank you! xx <3 -JR

      Delete
  3. SO STINKIN BEAUTIFUL.

    I relate honestly and it almost made me cry when I first read it. love u bunches man. you're the cheddar cheese to my movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO STINKIN BEAUTIFUL.

    I relate honestly and it almost made me cry when I first read it. love u bunches man. you're the cheddar cheese to my movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY THIS IS GOOD! Wonderful! I love this. I read this twice and will probably read it once more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU ARE A WORD WIZARD MY DEAR

    <3
    Abby
    http://quillsandcurtsies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. she fell long and hard but she fell into grace

    This is so beautiful! You have a way with words.

    Serena
    poetree {blog} | editing services

    ReplyDelete
  8. i echo the words of my most recent post.

    the mountain has fallen upon us, but it has not crushed us. it has brought us life.

    this is beautiful. it is grace. i'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh this is so beautiful. help. so pretty. <3

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Keep them sweet. ;)